The School Council aims to meet every fortnight with Mrs Stopher. The Council is made up of representatives from every class in Year 2 to Year 6. The aim of the School Council is to promote pupil voice in school so that all pupils can contribute to the leadership of the school to ensure it is full of learning, respect, and friendship.
At our meetings we discuss issues raised by classes and try to find ways to resolve any problems.
Children in each class have the opportunity to air their views to the class representatives, who then put over these views at the School Council meetings. Minutes of the meeting are taken and the representative’s report back to their class, updating them on what has been discussed.
In recent years our School Council have helped to bring about improvements to school in a number of ways: -
- Designed and introduced pupil self-reporting anti-bullying cards
- Designed and introduced online anti-bullying cards
- Introduced the ‘Inspirational Pupil Award’
- Gained the BIG Anti-Bullying Award
- Met with the Major of Ipswich
- Designed and made reminders for behaviour in the school toilets
- Led ideas for Anti-Bullying Week and Safer Internet Day
- Monitored the tidiness of the class cloakroom areas
- Met with School Governors to discuss behaviour
At the moment our focus is:
- How to improve Laura’s Garden so that it is used as a quiet area
- To ensure the best behaviour at playtimes and lunchtimes
- To keep the website up to date with information about the School Council
- To provide more outside eating areas to use at lunchtime.
To find out who the members of our School Council are and why they wanted to be elected to represent their class please click here.